TEKSWatch operates entirely on volunteer efforts.
Since September 2009, TEKSWatch has monitored the activities of the Texas State Board of Education in updating the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for social studies. TEKSWatch has compiled information online, distributed regular email updates to hundreds of interested people around the state and nation, and been cited or quoted in numerous media stories about the revision process.
We seek motivated volunteers who can:
- Conduct online research
- Summarize information gathered from multiple locations
- Organize findings for public access
- Translate English language material into Spanish
- Organize social networks
- Design instructional materials
- Proofread, edit, and analyze
Interested persons should contact Keith Erekson by email.