Staff Council is designed to be a representative "voice" for UTEP staff. Our responsibility is to create innovative ideas to enhance the collaboration between staff, faculty, students and other organizations to benefit the University's mission.
Each year the UTEP staff nominates and elects staff members to represent them and support them. Pride, opportunity and commitment to the university community are just a few of the attributes of the UTEP Staff Council.
Established in 1994, the council was created to support UTEP's goals and leadership by representing the interest and concerns of the more than 1,600 staff members
Benefits and issues discussed by Staff Council:
• Ways Staff can contribute to help UTEP achieve Tier 1 status
• Sun Metro Employee Discount. Please take the VPBA Faculty and Staff Satisfaction Survey
• Staff Council Textbook Scholarship
• Staff tuition benefits. Download the Employee Waiver Form or visit to the Financial
Services Forms page.
• Smoke-free campus. Visit the Tobacco Free webpage for more information at
• Recreational activities for Staff
• Blood Pressure Machine, which also measures a person’s weight, is located in the Union East on the second Floor.
• Wellness Programs for Staff
We truly appreciate your support with our fundraisers. It wouldn’t be UTEP without You!
If you have a special concern or have an idea benefiting the UTEP community share it with us at our next meeting or e-mail any staff council member!